These are the cheap healthy and quick homemade oven chips. I have used Aldi ingredients in this recipe. It costs €1 for a generous portion.
We love to have these chips with all sorts of dinners during the week. I’ve written up the recipe for 1 very generous portion of chips. You may prefer to split it between two people! If you increase the recipe to make more portions, you may prefer to NOT increase the oil at the same rate as it could make the chips too greasy. As long as the homemade oven chips have a light coating of oil they will cook nicely. You may even prefer to reduce the amount of oil that is in the recipe card below to reduce calories. I vary the amount of oil if want to have lighter chips of an evening, so suit yourself on this one.
This is one of the recipes that I often use in my aldi meal plan and shopping list posts which are linked right here.
Making food like this at home saves a lot of money. We are doing a Low Spend Year in 2022. Zero waste along with ZERO eating out is a part of my strategy for saving a ton of money this year. If you think you would enjoy taking part in this challenge or just following along you should sign up for my monthly newsletter. Newsletter readers get exclusive free printables and exclusive updates to our low spend year progress. I share my reading list each month. The newsletter has lots of other great tips for keeping motivated for the low spend year 2022.
Homemade Oven Chips
- 450 grams Potatoes I used roosters
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan/ 220° Non Fan/ Gas 7/ 390 Fahrenheit
- Peel and chop potatoes into chunky chips
- Rinse the potatoes and put into a bowl
- Add the oil and the paprika and combine well
- Place the chips on the tray giving them each a little space to cook properly. If they are all bunched up it wont work so well.
- Bake on a non stick tray for 20 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Enjoy with your favourite sauce as a snack or with your main meal as a side dish.