Im not exaggerating when I say this is the worlds best chocolate fudge brownie recipe. You’ll have to see for yourself when you bake them! You can make these brownies gluten free too. Check out the recipe below!
I don’t make a habit of exaggerating (I swear, it’s true) but these are the best chocolate fudge brownies ever!
My son found this recipe somewhere on the internet and we have tweaked it over and over again to make it our own.
If I ever find the original, I will add a link to credit the baker for sending us on right track. In the mean time let me tell you about:
The Worlds Best Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe
Prepare to Bake.
Honestly there is very little preparation needed to bake these brownies. If you have a standard square cake tin and and some parchment, you can improvise with the rest. It uses cup measurements too, so that always makes things easier! I tend to take a look in my pantry before I bake these chocolatey treats, to see if I have any odds and ends that need using up.
On the day I took these photos, I found a little bit white chocolate and some hundreds and thousands that I’d forgotten about. I decided to use them to decorate this batch of brownies. Someone told me lately that hundreds and thousands these are also know as jimmies. How cute is that?
What Kind of Ingredients Do You Need For This Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe?
Well, you can buy your ingredients where ever you normally shop, but I’m a big fan of Aldi and other supermarket own brands. All of these ingredients are from Aldi or are supermarket own brands. Yes, sometimes branded items are worth it, but often non branded items are just as good if not better.
It cost me under €4 to make 16 brownies with own brand ingredients. To buy 16 brownies from a coffee shop costs around €40. Thats a huge saving! They freeze and defrost really well too.
Ok…here’s the recipe, enjoy!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- half tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- ¾ cup Plain flour OR gluten free self raising flour mix. If you use GF flour you may need a splash of liquid to avoid dry brownies.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to Fan Oven 175°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Line a square cake tin with grease proof or parchment paper
- Cream the butter (melted) and sugar
- Mix the eggs and vanilla to the sugar and butter
- Melt the chocolate ( not the chips)
- Let the chocolate cool (just a little so it doesn't ruin the eggs)
- Mix the chocolate in
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and pinch of salt
- Add the chocolate chips
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Check with skewer to see if it is baked. If it comes out wet but without mixture attached it is baked. If it is still sticking to the skewer it is not ready yet. Watch it carefully if you choose to bake for any longer than the recipe states, as it can get hard very quickly and you don't want that! They should be moist and fudgy. Enjoy!