This is my homemade tomato sauce for pasta and pizza. This is a pretty straightforward sauce and can be used for pizza and pasta dishes.
Ingredients For My Aldi Homemade Tomato Sauce
My Aldi homemade tomato sauce ”Full Disclosure”
I use all Aldi ingredients except stock pots in this recipe which are knorr. I do not like the Aldi ones and the Knorr ones are delicious.
I use basic brand plum tomatoes as they are very cheap in comparison to other tomato products. Plum tomatoes produce a delicious sauce if cooked and flavoured well and will save you some money on your groceries.
Home made tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 regular tomatoes
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 med onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- pinch salt
- teaspoon sweetener such as sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 1 heaped tsp parsley
- 1 heaped tsp basil
- 1 heaped tsp coriander
- splash water to loosen to chosen consistency
- Heat oil and cook the roughly chopped onion and garlic till softened but not browned.
- Add the roughly chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients,
- Use the water to ensure that the mixture does not stick as you cook the mixture for 45 mins on a low to medium heat taking care not to boil.
- Once cooked and cooled, blend to your chosen consistency or leave chunky if you prefer.