This is my carrot and coriander soup made with Aldi ingredients except the stock pot. I use Knorr stock pots in all my recipes. It is a very thick soup, which I love! If you want to have a looser mixture, just add a little extra boiling water once you’ve blitzed it.
Ingredients For Soup Made With Aldi Ingredients
I used a kg of vegetables almost entirely carrots, a small quantity of parsnips and a potato. I used all Aldi ingredients except the stock pot and this soup made with Aldi ingredients made 3 generous portions of soup. Make sure you cool fully and store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer till you want to use it.
You could just serve it immediately and enjoy it straight out of the pot.
Carrot and coriander soup.
- 1 knob butter
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 kg of vegetables, mainly carrots, 1 medium potato, 2 small parsnips. these vegetables should total 1 kg in weight
- 2 tbsp plain flour ( all purpose)
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil
- season with salt and pepper
- 500 ml boiling water
- Heat the butter and cook the roughly chopped onions and garlic till softened but not browned.
- Add the remainder of the peeled and chopped vegetables.
- Add the flour, sprinkling it all over the vegetable's. Cook it into the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock pot and tomato puree and mix.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix.
- Cook for an hour on a medium heat but do not boil.
- Blend to a smooth soup.